Middle school briefly evacuated

Today, February 5, around 12:40 p.m., a custodian reported a possible gas leak in the Jim Parsley Center. As a safety precaution, we immediately evacuated the middle school building. The fire department and NW Natural Gas responded and investigated the odor, which was caused by a malfunctioning part on a heating/cooling unit. The part has been replaced and the unit and building are safe.

Once we received an all-clear from NW Natural Gas, students and staff members were allowed back into the school around 1:30 p.m. Everyone is safe and the school day continued normally.

If you have any questions, please contact the school at 360-313-5200.

February 5th, 2018|School news|