In Vancouver Public Schools, safety is a top priority. The district does many things to prepare for emergency situations, including:
- Hire district resource officers, or DROs, who are trained to maintain safety and encourage positive behavior.
- Collaborate with local agencies and other school districts to improve safety procedures.
- Maintain secure electronic entry systems at elementary and middle schools. At high schools, DROs help monitor foot traffic.
- Train employees on how to respond to emergency situations.
- Conduct emergency drills with both staff members and students.
What families can do to help
- Keep your emergency contact information up to date with the school.
- Report safety concerns.
- Sign in at the main office during school hours and wear a visitors’ badge.
We want everyone to feel safe in our schools. If you have any questions about safety, please contact the iTech staff.