Use creativity to generate ideas and solve real-world problems.
Apply yourself. Apply to iTech.
- Application for iTech typically begins in January each year
- Apply online during the application period
Many ways to apply:
- www.vansd.org/choices – Click “Apply Here”
- Apply on your iPad by clicking the “Magnet Application” icon
- Apply on your Chromebook by logging on to “Clever” and clicking the “Magnet Application” icon
- Apply on your smart phone using the “School Mint” app
- A lottery is held. The lottery helps to ensure that the student enrollment is reflective of the overall district demographics and that students throughout VPS have access to this unique STEM magnet
- One requirement different from other magnet programs is that student and parent/guardian attendance at one of the three Open House events is required to complete the application process and be placed in the lottery. Open House dates are typically held in January-February each year for the next school year and are posted on the iTech Calendar
- If the application period has closed, the student can be added to the bottom of the waitlist by completing an application through School Mint (iTech’s application system)
- To receive updates about application deadlines, Open Houses and events open to the community, please complete our iTech Interest Form.
Applicants for the 2020-2021 School Year (6th-12th grade)
- Applications open Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 8am
- Deadline to submit application: Friday, February 21, 2020 at 4pm
- Open House attendance is mandatory for the student applicant AND a parent/guardian.
- All Open Houses will begin promptly at 6:30pm and located at Skyview High School (1300 NW 139th St, Vancouver, WA 98685):
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020 (Spanish-focused – all information presented in Spanish)
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- If you have questions about the application process or waitlist position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“I really enjoy the school, all the people here, the teaching methods and everything about this learning environment. It’s a great place.”
“Everyone just accepts each other here. It’s a very unique environment because of that.”
“They really got me out into the college landscape and helped me learn and broaden my horizons.”